The International Office is the first point of contact for all activities at the University of Music FRANZ LISZT Weimar with an international focus.
It functions as a competence center for questions of internationalization. The tasks can be divided into three major areas:
- From all over the world to the Weimar University of Music:
- Support and scholarships for international students (STIBET program)
- Support for international scientists and artists
- From the Weimar University of Music to the world:
- Advice on international mobility for all university members
- Scholarship programs for stays abroad (Erasmus+, PROMOS program)
- Strategic internationalization
- Consulting and support for third-party funding applications
The team takes care of the support and integration of all students and employees who come to our university from other countries. For this purpose, we offer counseling as well as transcultural events. We are happy to support initiatives from the international university community.
In order to make the way from Weimar to abroad easy, the team advises on mobility for students and employees of all groups. Stays all over the world are supported through various mobility projects and funding programs.
International cooperation projects are an important building block for the further development of the Weimar University of Music in teaching, practice and research. The International Office manages the existing cooperation agreements and advises all areas of the university in the initiation and implementation of cooperation projects with partners abroad.
All activities in the area of internationalization are guided by the Internationalization Strategy 2023-2027, which the university adopted in October 2022. The strategy gathers contemporary goals and measures for the further development of the university in matters of internationality.
The International Office is located in the premises of the ALTENBURG, Jenaer Straße 3, room 011, as of April 3, 2023.
Consultation hours currently take place only by prior arrangement by phone or e-mail to international(at)hfm-weimar.de.