Funding programme for young artists
The Liszt Foundation grants funding to outstanding musicians, for artistic endeavours, taking particular account of need.
Funding can, for example, cover participation in competitions, masterclasses or concerts, and it includes the funds needed for fees, travel, accommodation, instrument loans and insurance, or the costs of a répétiteur. Grants are not given for instrument purchases or repairs.
- Applicants must be studying for a degree at the University of Music FRANZ LISZT Weimar or
- Training at the university’s centre for highly gifted students at the Music Grammar School ‘Schloss Belvedere’
- Minimum age: 12, maximum age: generally 27
- Proven track record of good artistic performance
The following documents must be attached to the letter of application:
- Application form
- Applicant’s details
- Detailed description of career path and educational background
- Statement of the purpose for which the funds will be used
- Informative estimate of the applicant’s artistic performance and funding needs by their main subject teacher
- Proof of need in the form of proof of the applicant’s own income or that of their guardian (an overview of the applicant’s monthly income and expenditure and an overview of monthly savings, as a minimum)
Applications can be submitted at any time, but must be received before the funding process starts.
Decisions regarding applications are made on a quarterly basis, at the latest on 30 March, 30 June, 30 September and 30 December of each year.
Original receipts must be submitted for reimbursements to be issued to successful applicants.
Applications should be sent to:
NEUE LISZT STIFTUNG/ THE LISZT FOUNDATION
Chairman of the Board of Trustees
Professor Christoph Stölzl
c/o University of Music FRANZ LISZT Weimar
Platz der Demokratie 2/3