Scholarships and funding programmes at the LISZT University
There are various sources of funding available to students of the University of Music FRANZ LISZT Weimar.
Gesellschaft der Freunde und Förderer e.V.
The LISZT University's registered society of friends and benefactors awards scholarships to students in need, and to students of exceptional talent.
Funding programme for young artists of the Liszt Foundation
The Charlotte Krupp-scholarship is awarded on the basis of exceptional artistic merit to students in financial need.
+49 3643 | 555 115
+49 3643 | 555 186
Scholarships at the Thuringian Opera studio
::: Further information :::
The DAAD Prize is awarded to foreign students on the basis of exceptional artistic merit and intercultural engagement.
Tel.: +49 3643 | 555 141
Financial support for the completion of a degree
International students and PhD students who will complete their studies within the next year can informally apply for financial support at the International Office (Platz der Demokratie 2/3, Mrs. Domanetzki). You will be asked to submit two independent references by teachers of the University of Music FRANZ LISZT Weimar.
- informal request/ letter of motivation
- overview about obtained qualifications (Transcript of Record)
- two independent references by teachers of the University of Music FRANZ LISZT Weimar
- very good or good study performance
- financial distress
- completition of studies within the next year
350 Euros per month (altogether for 3 months)
31 May 2020
Only complete applications will be included in the selection procedure!
There is no entitlement to a grant!
Applicants will be informed in written form about the result of the selection process.
Tel. +49 3643 | 555 186
Erasmus+ scholarships for studying abroad
ERASMUS is an education project of the European Union with the aim to support the international student and academic exchange. It has, among other things, the task of arranging a 3 to 12-month period of study in a foreign country.
For study abroad up to two terms at a partner university with ERASMUS one has to apply to the International Office by the 31 January for the following academic year.
→ Further information
PROMOS scholarships for visits abroad
The PROMOS programme of the DAAD supports different visits abroad:
- studies, between 1 and 6 months
- internships, between 6 weeks and 6 months
- language courses, between 3 weeks and 6 months
- specialist courses (master classes/summer courses) up to 6 weeks
- study visits, including competitions and concert tours (at least 5 students); up to 12 days