Re-registration | Suspension of studies | Part-time study
Students wishing to continue the same course of studies after the end of any given term must re-register with the University of Music FRANZ LISZT Weimar within the advertised deadline.
You will need the following documents to re-register:
- Completed re-registration form
- Proof that you have paid the administration and termly student fees
- Proof that you have paid any other fees incurred in the context of your programme
Re-registration for the summer semester 2021
June 1–15, 2021
Final deadline (including an extra fee of 15 Euros): June 24, 2021
Suspension of studies
In certain situations, you may apply for a suspension of your studies.
- Should any illness prevent you from duly following your studies
- Maternity/ parenting leave
- For studies abroad
- For any professional employment in line with the aim of your studies
- In preparation for the final examination
- Should you hold any offices within the LISZT University's student administration or the Studierendenwerk Thüringen, which require exceptional time commitments
How to apply
When applying for a suspension of your studies please use this form. It requires written justification, and must be made by the deadline set by the administration. You must indicate the relevant term(s) and duration.
You must attach:
- Proof that you have paid the relevant administration and programme fees
- Proof of your reason for suspension
A suspension may normally be granted for up to two terms. A suspension for the first term in any given programme is permitted only on the basis of reasons 1, 2, and 6 (above). Deadlines for examinations remain unaffected. It is possible to take examinations during the period of suspension, given the valid registration of suspension.
The option to study part-time enables students to combine their studies with other obligations or particular life situations. Students can study for their degree, entirely on a part-time basis, or they can just opt for part-time study for certain periods of time.
When studying part-time, one semester is extended to the duration of one academic year. For each semester, students only earn 50 percent of the credit points provided for in the course plan.
A student may only matriculate onto a part-time course of study on the basis of one of the following grounds:
- A job with average working hours of at least 20 hours and no more than 30 hours a week
- A disability or chronic illness
- Raising and caring for children at home
- Caring for relatives
- Application process
- Examination requirements, examination deadlines and dates remain unaffected by this. Students on a part-time course of study are subject to the same assessments and examinations as full-time students.
- The semester fee is also payable in full by part-time students. Part-time students must pay the fees for exceeding the normal period of study (tuition fees for long-term students) in the same manner as full-time students.
- Section 52 of the Thuringian University Act
- Section 4 of the Examination and Study Framework Ordinance of the LISZT University
Enrolment for a part-time course of studies must be addressed to the Department for Academic and Student Affairs. Please submit the application at the time of enrolment, or within the deadline for registration, using the appropriate form.
In addition, the following documents must also be submitted:
- Proof of grounds for part-time study
- In the event of a job: your employment contract
- In the event of disability or chronic illness: medical or official certificate
- Raising and caring for children: birth certificate(s)
- Caring for relatives: proof of care level from the health insurance fund
- A personalised study and examination plan, to be coordinated with the individual responsible for teaching the main subjects (artistic courses) or with the department (pedagogical and scientific courses).