Prof. Dr. Michael Klaper
Professor of Musicology, Music of the Middle Ages and Renaissance, History of Notation
Hochschulzentrum am Horn Room: 406
Visiting time: during the sabbatical term only by phone upon consultation by e-mail
- 1970, born in Bietigheim-Bissingen (Ludwigsburg)
- 1991–1997, studied musicology, early German literature, and art history at Tübingen and Erlangen; various posts as teaching assistant and tutor
- 1997, Magister Artium degree in Erlangen; thesis on tropes at the island of Reichenau in the Ottonian period; thereafter academic assistant to the DFG-project "Introitus-Tropen in Quellen ober- und mittelitalienischer Herkunft: Kritische Edition der Melodien", and lecturer at the Institute of Musicology in Erlangen
- 2002, Dr. phil. degree; thesis on the "music history of Reichenau Abbey in the tenth and eleventh centuries (published, Stuttgart 2003), awarded dissertation prize by the Humanities division at the University of Erlangen; thereafter academic assistant and Socrates-administrator at the Institute of Musicology in Erlangen
- 2007, appointment as director of microfilm collection of medieval music manuscripts in Erlangen (Bruno-Stäblein-Archiv) and as editor of the "Monumenta monodica medii aevi series"
- Since 2007 Member of the Study Group "Cavalli and Seventeenth Century Venetian Opera" of the International Musicological Society and Member of the Editorial Board of "Francesco Cavalli: Opere" (Bärenreiter-Verlag)
- 2008, Habilitation in musicology; work on "Italian opera in seventeenth-century France"
- 2008–2010, fixed-term appointment as W2-professor of historical musicology (early music) at the University of Jena
- 2010, appointment as ordinary professor of historical musicology (medieval and Renaissance music) at the joint Department of Musicology at the University of Music FRANZ LISZT Weimar and the Friedrich Schiller University of Jena
- 2010–2013 corresponding member (Europe) of the American "Society for Seventeenth-Century Music"
- Since 2014 Member of the "Kommitees des Interdisziplinären Mediävistischen Arbeitskreises" at the Herzog-August-Bibliothek Wolfenbüttel
- Since 2017 Head of the research project "Aufbau einer Internettplattform: Theater und Musik in Weimar. Digitalisierung, Erfassung, wissenschaftliche Aufarbeitung und Online-Präsentation der Weimarer Theaterzettel von der Spielzeit 1969/70 bis zur politischen Wende 1989/90" (until 2018 together with Bernhard Post)
- Since 2019 Member of the Scientific Advisory Board of the "Deutsches Studienzentrum Venedig"