Dr. Christoph Meixner
LISZT University Archive | Thuringian Regional Music Archive – Director, Representative of Severely Disabled Students and Employees
Subject/Instrument: Musicology, LISZT SCHOOL archive, Thuringian Regional music archive
Hochschulzentrum am Horn Room: K07
- Born in 1969 in Passau
- After his A' Levels at the Music High School of the Regensburg Domspatzen (under DKM Georg Ratzinger) he studied musicology and history at the university in Regensburg (Detlef Altenburg, David Hiley) and Ferrara (Paolo Fabbri)
- He was a sponsorship holder of the Franz-Marie-Christinen-Foundation of the princely houses Thurn and Taxis a the Hanns-Seidel-Foundation (Munich)
- During his studies he was a member of the German Bach-Vocalists (Gerhard Weinberger), as a project member of the Theatre Regensburg (first German revival of Paisiellos La frascatana) as well as working in the Proskeschen Music collection of the Episcopal central library
- 2003 to 2010 he has been a member of the academic staff at the Department of Musicology Weimar-Jena, where in November 2003 he wrote his doctor thesis about music theatre in Regensburg at the time of the perpetual parliament (1623–1806).
- Since March 2010: Director of The LISZT University archive | Thuringian Regional music archive (HSA | ThLMA) Weimar
- Since 2016: Member of the committee of County Music Senate Thuringia
- Since 2016: Vice president of the MBM (Mitteldeutsche Barockmusik in Sachsen, Sachsen-Anhalt und Thüringen e.V.)
- Since 2018: Board member of the Répertoire Internationale des Sources Musicales – research group Germany e.V.