General Conditions of Participation
General Conditions of ParticipationApplicants between the ages of 18 and 35 are eligible to apply for active participation. Upon a respective request exceptions to this rule can be considered. There is no age limit for passive participation.
Image and Sound Rights
By registering for the Weimar Masterclasses, the participant agrees that photo and video recordings may be made by the organizer and used for non-commercial purposes. All ancillary copyrights resulting from any image or sound recordings remain unlimited in terms of time and place for the University of Music FRANZ LISZT Weimar.
Active Participation | Information and Application
As a part of an active participant you will receive:
- Lessons: at least 3 hours, possibly divided into several shorter lessons
- Professional piano accompanist for relevant master classes
- Practice facilities in the University of Music
- Concerts: free admission to the concerts of your own guest professor and your own course as well as special tickets for the price of 3 Euros to all other concerts of the Weimar Master Classes
After the selection by the guest professor during the master class, an active participant can additional receive:
- Orchestra studio (if indicated for the respective master class): Rehearsal as soloist with a concert of your own choice with the Jena Philharmonic Orchestra. Please specify the desired work when applying online. The fee of 50 Euros must be paid in cash in the organization office after admission by the guest professor.
- Participation in the participant-concerts and the final concert “Save the Best for Last” with the Jena Philharmonic Orchestra
Beginning of the online application: 1 March 2020
Registration deadline: 15 May 2020
- The link to the online application can be found on the page of the respective master class.
- Please apply with two videos (two works from different stylistic eras, uncut, unedited, in good sound and image quality). In the online application the recordings will be made available by means of a YouTube link (made either "public" or "not listed"). Alternatively, comparable portals or uploading a video recording are possible.
- Registration fee: 80 Euros | During the online-registration please transfer the registration fee via PayPal or online banking. Payment by invoice is only possible up to 8 days before the registration deadline.
- Applications will only be considered if the full registration fee has arrived in our bank account.
- Information as to admission or non-admission will be sent by email from the 28 May 2020.
- With confirmation of admittance, you will receive an invoice for the participation fee. Applicants whose fee has not been received by the specified date will not be admitted to the course. Instead, candidates from the waiting list will be added to admission.
- A refund of the registration fee and participation fee is excluded.
- It is recommended to take out cancellation insurance for courses and seminars.
- If the course has to be cancelled by the organizer, the registration and participation fee will be refunded. Travel expenses already incurred cannot be reimbursed.
- Students of the University of Music FRANZ LISZT Weimar pay 50% of the registration fee and the active participation fee.
- The number of participants admitted to the audition is limited. If this limit is reached before the application deadline, the organizer reserves the right to close the application process earlier. Please register early!
Passive Participation and Guest Auditor
With passive participation you receive:
- The ability to sit in on all classes free of charge
- On request use of the accommodation offer
- Special tickets for the price of 3 euros to all concerts of the Weimar Masterclasses
Beginning of the online application: 1st March 2020
Registration deadline: 30th May 2020
- Online registration via the course information pages
- Payment of a total fee of 150 euros.
- The passive participation fee is non-refundable.
Students of the HfM Weimar have free admission to the Weimar Master Classes for passive participation.
Purchase of day tickets in the organization office for the price of
- 1 day: 18 euros
- 3 days: 48 euros
- 14 days: 150 euros
Fees and Withdrawal
- In addition to the enrolment fee active participants must also pay a registration fee.
- Information as to the exact sum of the fee can be found on the respective information pages of the master classes.
- A refund of the fees can only be given if the course has to be canceled by the organizer. It is recommended to take out cancellation insurance for courses and seminars.
- The University of Music FRANZ LISZT Weimar will not assume any bank charges. Checks cannot be accepted.
- Students enrolled at the University of Music FRANZ LISZT Weimar and students of the Music Gymnasium Schloss Belvedere must only pay 50% of the registration and attendance fees. The fees for the orchestra studio cannot be reduced.
Staying in Weimar
All master class participants are basically responsible for their own accommodation. Information about accommodation facilities may be obtained at the
Markt 10, 99423 Weimar, Germany
Phone: +49 3643 | 745 0
Fax: +49 3643 | 745 420
Students from Weimar who are not in town in July will rent their rooms and/or apartments. You can have a look for this cheap accomodation by visiting the following link: https://www.facebook.com/groups/161723124660476/
Special Offers for Participants
Special offers for participants have been arranged at the Hotel Leonardo and the Hotel Kaiserin Augusta. The prices can be found in the description of the respective courses. These special prices are package deals which apply to the stated course duration. An extended stay or an earlier arrival can be arranged on request.
An extension will cost per day:
- Single room: 48 Euros without breakfast
- Double room: 28 Euros per person without breakfast
Included in these prices is the free use of Health Club with swimming pool, whirlpool, sauna and fitness centre The breakfast buffet costs 10 Euros per person and day.
Hotel Kaiserin Augusta
- Single room: 55 Euros incl. breakfast
- Double room: 33 Euros per person incl. breakfast
Participants who wish to use this accommodation service can book it during the application process. If double room accommodation is chosen, a requested roommate may also be indicated here. This is only possible if the course periods of both participants match. Otherwise, the organisation office will designate a roommate.
Please note: The booking will not be forwarded to the hotel until you have been admitted to active participation. In case of non-admission no cancellation is necessary.
Then the hotel will send the participant a confirmation of the reservation. Please note the cancellation deadlines detailed in this confirmation. Payment for the accommodation must be made directly to the chosen hotel.
The Weimar Tourist Information Center stocks also a range of maps and guides in the Weimar Tourist Information at Markt 10.
The participant acknowledges that data provided is stored and processed in compliance with the regulations of the data protection act.
Personal data collected during registration for the Weimar master classes is used to structure our services, setting up a participant account and to respond to inquiries. Personal data will only be passed on to third parties or transferred for contract or accounting purposes or if the participant has given his/her prior consent. Furthermore the guest professor will receive the follow dates in order to select the participants: name, first name, birth date.
The participant has the right to revoke consent with future effect at any time. The deletion of stored personal data ensues if the participant withdraws consent, if knowledge of the data is no longer necessary for the fulfilment of the purpose pursued, or if data storage is not allowed because of other legislative reasons. Data for billing and accounting purposes is not affected by a cancellation request.
Right to information: Upon written request we will inform the participant about the use of saved data. Please send the request to the address the follow address: email@example.com.
Weimar Master Classes
phone: ++49 - (0)3643 - 555 150