Conditions of Participation
1. The Competition is open to young violinists of all nationalities. The following dates should be noted for the different age categories:
Category I: born in 2006 and younger
Category II: born between 2005 and 2003
Category III: born between 2002 and 1998
2. Participation is not possible if at least one juror is the candidate's teacher. Teachers are considered to be regular teachers up to 12 months before the start of the competition.
3. All rounds of the competition are open to the public (concert attire is required). The order of performance for the participants is determined by random selection in the form of a lottery system.
4. All works must be performed from memory and without repeats (except for very short repeats). Sonatas with piano as well as contemporary works may be played from sheet music. The order of works to be performed in each level can be determined by the candidate.
5. After registration, the program can no longer be altered.
6. Official piano accompanists will be available free of charge for the competition. Participants bringing a private accompanist must cover the costs themselves.
7. The decisions of the jury are legally final. The jury reserves the right to stop a performance.
8. Participants must pay for hotel and travel costs themselves. International participants, especially from Eastern Europe, may apply for a subsidy for these costs. No one is automatically entitled to receive a subsidy.
9. The competition will cover accommodation costs for those candidates who have reached the second round (from then onwards), to a maximum of 25 Euros per person per night. This offer does not include accommodation costs for private piano accompanists or travel partners.
10. The prize winners are committed to perform in competition related concerts without pay. Prize winners must also accept their prize in person.
11. The competition may be recorded or transmitted and all recordings are the property of the University of Music FRANZ LISZT Weimar. The participants agree to this and do not have any publication rights.
12. At registration, competitors must agree to the complete regulations and terms of the competition. In cases of doubt, the German text of this invitation is legally binding.