The 9th International JOSEPH JOACHIM Chamber Music Competition is open to ensembles (strings or strings with piano) in one of the following forms:
• String Trio and String Quartet
• Piano Trio and Piano Quartet
1. Ensembles of all nationalities, whose members were born after the 3rd of April 1987, are eligible to enter the competition. The average age of the ensemble members must not exceed 32 on the 3rd of April 2022. Management however reserves the right to make exceptions in certain cases.
2. All rounds of the competition are open to the public.
3. Only original compositions will be accepted for performance (arrangements are not permitted)
4. The order of performance is determined by random selection. This order will then remain throughout all rounds of the competition. Exceptions may be made by the jury.
5. The prize winners must accept their prize in person. There is no commission/remuneration for the award winners concert.
6. The competition organization reserves the right to produce Web Streaming of each individual performance and the award-winners concert as well as making various contributions of the ensembles publically available online. There are no entitlements for competition participants in regards to both visual and audio recordings. All rights of live performance recordings will remain with the University of Music FRANZ LISZT Weimar.
7. Participants must cover hotel and travel costs themselves. International participants, especially from Eastern Europe, may informally apply for a subsidy for these costs. No one is however entitled to receive a subsidy.
8. For participants who have reached the second round, a sum of maximum 25 euro per day per person will be granted as contribution to accommodation costs for the remainder of their participation in the competition.
9. At registration the candidates must state that they agree with the rules and regulations of the competition as well as possible changes in the jury.
10. The decisions of the jury are legally final. An appeal of these decisions is not possible.