The 10th international FRANZ LISZT Piano Competition comprises four selection rounds, if not including the pre-selection. The candidates must present a different programme in each round. Only the Franz Liszt étude from the pre-selection b) may be performed again in the first round b) and the Liszt-Work from the pre-selection c) may be performed again in the second round c).
Along with the application, the candidates must submit a video recording of themselves. The registration deadline is the 1st of June 2021. The programme should be taken from the repertoire listed under "pre-selection with video recordings".
A selection committee will choose up to 35 pianists to be invited to Bayreuth.
This decision will be made known by the 21st of June 2021. Explanations for the decisions will not be given.
29. – 31.10.2021 in Bayreuth
The international jury will listen to the selected participants of the first round and will then select about 20 of these participants for the second round. The first round will take place in the Wagnersaal of the Bayreuth Music School.
2. - 3.11.2021 in Weimar
The international jury will listen to the selected participants of the second round and will then select roughly 6 participants for the semi-final. The second round will take place in the Festsaal Fürstenhaus in Weimar.
04.11.2021 in Weimar
The international jury will listen to the selected participants of the semi-final and will then choose 3 participants for the final concert. The semi-final will take place in the Festsaal Fürstenhaus in Weimar.
Final and Award Ceremony
06.11.2021 in Weimar
Orchester: Weimar Staatskapelle
7.11.2021 in Bayreuth
The three prize-winners will play solo works from their competition repertoire in Bayreuth.
Important information for the Videos
- Videos must have been recorded within the period of 12 months before the application deadline (1st of June 2021)
- The works/recordings may not be reworked and/or edited.
- The candidate‘s profile and hands must be visible during the entire recording.
- The title, the location and the recording date of each work must be written in the designated area on the online application.
- In the online application the recordings will be made available by means of a YouTube link (made either "public" or "not listed").