Application deadline: 10 June 2019Along with their application, applicants are to submit a recording of themselves playing. The program for this recording should be taken from the repertoire listed under “Pre-selection”. An admission committee will decide the admittance to the competition. In doing so, max. 25 participants per category will be selected.
The recordings for the selection are authoritative when all of the conditions of participation have been met. The decision will be disclosed in writing by the 10th of July 2019. Explanations regarding the decision will not be given.
Click here for the registration (Online-portal will be activated in April 2019)
For the online- application the following documents are required:
- Video recordings with the works of the preselection round
- A binding list of chosen works to be played together with the exact Opus, KV or BWV numbers and indicate the duration in minutes of each piece (the repertoire cannot be changed after the final submission of the online registration)
- A short Résumé detailing musical education, violin teachers, details about prizes won at national and international competitions
- A letter of recommendation by the teacher
- A recent Photo (size: 300 dpi) with the approval of right-free publication in the competition catalogue as well as the competition website and (if necessary) photo credits
- Copy of identity card or passport
- Payment of the application fee: 100 Euro (Online transfer or PayPal or invoice). A refund of the application fee is not possible.
Important information for the Videos
- The works/recordings may not be reworked and/or edited.
- The title, the location and the recording date of each work must be written in the designated area on the online application.
- In the online application the recordings will be made available by means of a YouTube link (made either "public" or "not listed"). Alternatively, comparable portals or uploading a video recording are possible.