Dates and deadlines for the summer semester 2022 - open online portal
Applications for the Master in Arts Management and for the supplementary subject Music Practice (B.A.) are generally only accepted for the winter semester.
Application period BA and MA Musicology and BA Intercultural Music and Event Management: 01.10.-09.12.2021
Qualifying Examination Date: 21.01.2022
If the pandemic regulations in effect at the time do not allow for a qualifying examination to be held in person, telephone interviews lasting 15 minutes will be conducted. As soon as further information is available, it will be published here.
The following documents are to be attached to applications for all the courses and subjects of the Department of Musicology Weimar-Jena:
- The application form generated in the online portal, or the corresponding form for students studying a core subject at FSU Jena
- Proof of university entrance qualification, or the semester qualification for years 11 to 12 available to date
- If necessary, a transcript for a previously completed undergraduate degree
- If necessary, a list of previously completed assessments and examinations (transcript of records), particularly in the case of a change of institution, or if the university certificate is not available at the time of application
- CV in tabular form
- Letter of motivation, stating the reasons for choosing the degree, professional ambitions etc. (applicants to the M.A. course in Musicology and the M.A. course in Arts Management must also explain which profile they would like to study and why)
- Overseas applications should enclose a certificate stating that they are proficient in German (TestDaf 4 or DSH 2), as well as an officially certified translation of all other (official) documents
- Applicants from the People's Republic of China should enclose their original certificate from the Akademische Prüfungsstelle Peking (APS)
For questions regarding the application process for BA and MA Musicology, please contact:
Jana Nickol (firstname.lastname@example.org | 03643 555 230)